Better Access & Beyond: Private Practice Essentials
BETTER ACCESS & BEYOND …
HOW DO YOU LEARN HOW TO “DO” MEDICARE IN PRIVATE PRACTICE?
In private practice we all find navigating Medicare confusing at times. The Better Access initiative has been available for just over 10 years, and now we have the newer Bushfire and Covid-19 items to understand too.
It’s hard enough to know how to do the right thing with little reliable information available. Does the patient need a new plan? Or a new referral? Or neither? How many sessions is the referral valid for? Does the plan expire? Do I need a re-referral or a review? My patient was referred for six sessions but has only used two this year – what do I need to do before seeing them again next year? … And on it goes.
I’ve been providing training in Better Access since the initiative first launch in 2006/7. Most recently I’ve run an online training program within a supportive private group for clinicians on Facebook.
And now I’ve ramped it up to keep up with current needs in the professional community.
WHAT IS THE TRAINING?
- An initial registration fee of $97, plus an ongoing monthly subscription fee of $5.00 (yep, the price of a coffee a month).
- Over 5 video training sessions specific to Better Access
- Weekly live online “office hours” Q&A sessions
- Over 5 new video resources discussing Bushfire and Covid19 items plus other updates as they come to hand
- Shared resources and daily Q&A opportunities
- Content based on official information sourced from Medicare, the APS, the Health Dept, etc.
- Ongoing exclusive access to the Facebook group, training videos, additional resources
WHEN IS THE TRAINING?
- All training videos are pre-recorded and stored within the Facebook group for you to access at any time that suits you.
WHO SHOULD DO THE TRAINING?
- Any and all Australian mental health professionals and GPs eligible to provide services under the Medicare initiatives such as Better Access.
- If you’re not yet in private practice, but getting ready to do so, now is the perfect time to do this training!
- Practice administrative staff should also do this training.
- Students are also welcome to participate to get a heads-up on what they need to know.